Rendering extra tags inside an XHTML-MP tag

Leonardo Constantino

8/8/2004 4:57:00 AM

Hi, I was trying to create a generic timer-form for mobile asp.net.

I followed the gotdotnet tutorial that creates a timerform for
html/chtml/wml/upwml:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/MobileQuickStart/Default.aspx?url=doc/Time...

Unfortunately it does not work for XHTML-MP (introduced on device update
4). XHTML uses the same approach as HTML: <meta refresh> inside the
<head></head> tag.

I could diagnose the cause of this problem: the class
System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.XhtmlAdapters.XhtmlFormAdapter

does not have a method equivalent to
System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.HtmlFormAdapter.RenderExtraHeadElements

As that would allow me to render the extra <meta> tag inside the
<head><head> tag.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance, I'm pretty much clueless...

Leonardo Constantino - MCP