Needed hardware for mobile apps on Pocket pcs

William Gower

8/4/2004 8:21:00 PM

my client is interested in having their field reps being able to access a
sql server database back at the office from their pocket pcs. Am I correct
in assuming that the only hardware needed for this is a server running sql
server and iis and the pocket pcs themselves? Do I need any other hardware?

1 Answer

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

If I''m understanding your question, you''re probably good to go... assuming
the Pocket PCs have or include hardware necessary to connect to the
internet, like a modem (external or internal). In other words, if your
Pocket PC can get online, then you''re ok.

I did a google search for the following string and got what appeared to be
good hits, including the URL below. Read for more info.
"pocket pc" modem

http://www.filesaveas.com/pocketpcco...

--
Andrew Enfield