Please help me start programming for mobile phones

Julia

7/10/2004 12:44:00 PM

Hello
I recently purchased emblaze alpha p8 mobile phone
(http://www.wapzon.com/web/devicedetail.asp?Pid=4351&...)
which as far as I know running Windows© CE.NET 4.1 OS.

I want to start programming but I am lost in Microsoft tech words
and road map for mobile programming

I am MSDN universal subscriber and I assume I can get all the needed tools

My questions are:

1.Where can I get emulator for CE.NET 4.1? or should I need to use a
specific
emulator for alpha p8?!?!

2.How exactly I upload my program into my mobile phone?
(I have infra red and GPRS)
Can I somehow connect the phone to my PC? or should I need to upload my
software to the web?!?
3.Should I invest in CE.NET and derived for mobile programming
(I always uses MS tools and technologies)
4.I am espcailly looking for game programming(in any language) for CE.Net

Thanks

2 Answers

_thedebugger

Hi Julia,
Just check the download of Emulator
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B670079A-...
A74F-0235A20563CF&displaylang=en

For Game Programming, you can use one book, which is very good in my
opinion.
Pocket PC Game Programming: Using the Windows CE Game API (By Premiere
Press), which deals with c++.

Sachin Korgaonkar

"Julia" <codewizard@012.net.il> wrote in message
> Hello
> I recently purchased emblaze alpha p8 mobile phone
> (http://www.wapzon.com/web/devicedetail.asp?Pid=4351&...)
> which as far as I know running Windows&#169; CE.NET 4.1 OS.
>
> I want to start programming but I am lost in Microsoft tech words
> and road map for mobile programming
>
> I am MSDN universal subscriber and I assume I can get all the needed tools
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1.Where can I get emulator for CE.NET 4.1? or should I need to use a
> specific
> emulator for alpha p8?!?!
>
> 2.How exactly I upload my program into my mobile phone?
> (I have infra red and GPRS)
> Can I somehow connect the phone to my PC? or should I need to upload my
> software to the web?!?
> 3.Should I invest in CE.NET and derived for mobile programming
> (I always uses MS tools and technologies)
> 4.I am espcailly looking for game programming(in any language) for CE.Net
>

> Thanks

Andrew Enfield \(MS\)

And try the microsoft.public.windowsce.* groups.

--
Andrew Enfield
Programmer Writer, Windows CE