NAS

I'm trying to compare 2 BOMs with different ItemId and highlight the
difference. I'm using the grid to display the different items tied to the BOM.

I manage to get the difference but not very sure how to highlight the
difference in the grid which narrows down to that particular row.

Please advise.

7 Answers

vladimir40

Have manage to filter difference in the grid, when got the difference? That
would be my step, when I find the difference recordset.

"nas" wrote:

> Hi,
> I''m trying to compare 2 BOMs with different ItemId and highlight the
> difference. I''m using the grid to display the different items tied to the BOM.
>
> I manage to get the difference but not very sure how to highlight the
> difference in the grid which narrows down to that particular row.
>
> Please advise.

NAS

Hi vladimir40,
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I managed to filter the difference. But what
is the syntax for highlighting this in the grid? I want to highlight the
particular difference maybe in red color.

Regards.

"vladimir40" wrote:

> Hi,
> Have manage to filter difference in the grid, when got the difference? That
> would be my step, when I find the difference recordset.
>
> "nas" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I''m trying to compare 2 BOMs with different ItemId and highlight the
> > difference. I''m using the grid to display the different items tied to the BOM.
> >
> > I manage to get the difference but not very sure how to highlight the
> > difference in the grid which narrows down to that particular row.
> >
> > Please advise.

vladimir40

Easy to attach icon like this example from smmBusRelTable:
display smmNoteItIconNum showNoteItIcon()
{
SmmNoteItTable smmNoteItTable;
;
smmNoteItTable = SmmNoteItTable::find(this.RecId, this.TableId);

if (smmNoteItTable.NoteItActive == NoYes::Yes)
{
switch (smmNoteitTable.NoteItPriority)
{
case smmNoteItPriority::High : return 7615;
case smmNoteItPriority::Low : return 1097;
case smmNoteItPriority::Normal : return 7614;
default : return 0;
}
}
else
return 809;

return 0;
}
But change color... Try to use active method from datasorce; make
autodeclaration to yes for changing color control and something like this:
int color;
super();
if(str2int(substr(etndmorder.Reference,3,1)) > 4)
color = WindowsPalette::Light3D;
else
color = WindowsPalette::WindowBackground;
grid_reference.backgroundColor(color);
It is not working for you today, but in the past I made something else to
change color of the font for red flag selections.

"nas" wrote:

> Hi vladimir40,
> Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I managed to filter the difference. But what
> is the syntax for highlighting this in the grid? I want to highlight the
> particular difference maybe in red color.
>
> Regards.
>

> "vladimir40" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Have manage to filter difference in the grid, when got the difference? That
> > would be my step, when I find the difference recordset.
> >
> > "nas" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I''m trying to compare 2 BOMs with different ItemId and highlight the
> > > difference. I''m using the grid to display the different items tied to the BOM.
> > >
> > > I manage to get the difference but not very sure how to highlight the
> > > difference in the grid which narrows down to that particular row.
> > >
> > > Please advise.

Mike Frank

The standard way to color grid lines is to override a formDataSource''s displayOption method.
There you get a FormRowDisplayOption object, on which you can set the background color.

Mike

NAS

Hi Mike,
I actually did use the option, however, it highlighted the few rows of
records instead. I wanted it to highlight that particular row only based on
the matched condition.

Regards,
Derek

"Mike Frank" wrote:

> The standard way to color grid lines is to override a formDataSource''s displayOption method.
> There you get a FormRowDisplayOption object, on which you can set the background color.
>
> Mike

Mike Frank

You have to evaluate your condition in the displayOption method before you apply the backgroud
color. Have a look at the method signature

public void displayOption(Common _record, FormRowDisplayOption _options)

Here you get the record on which you can do your evaluation.

Mike

vladimir40

That's it. Mike is right. It is working better then display bitmap.