microsoft.public.axapta.programming

DirectX's and .NET's compatibility (backwards and forwards

sectoid

11/2/2005 12:42:00 PM

hi,

I am writing an application in C# that uses DirectX. Currently, it also
requires .NET Framework. These present requirements exclude potential users
who:

-are novice computer users. (can't figure out how to manually update
these components)
-don't have a high speed internet connection. (needed to get the large
components)
-don't have the patience to perform these updates. (they want the program
to work right away, or else they give up on it)

-How can I develop this program to be both backwards and forwards
compatible, without excluding these fore-mentioned users?
-Can C# be used to write apps that don't use the .NET framework? or,
would I do better polishing up my mediocre C++ skills?
-Should I write using older versions of DirectX to increase backwards
compatibility? or would this hinder future compatibility?
2 Answers

Daniel Biesiada

sectoid wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am writing an application in C# that uses DirectX. Currently, it also
> requires .NET Framework. These present requirements exclude potential users
> who:
<cut>

and relation with axapta is?
Some 3D textured, bumped and with a proper scene lighting model 3D graph
which presents some sales data annually? :D

greetings,
Daniel Biesiada

Samuel L Matzen

Most of your issues will be addressed if you switch back to C++.

-Sam Matzen