microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Temp Table / MenuItemButton

AxaptaNewBie

11/1/2005 9:58:00 PM

I'm new to Axapta and was wondering if anybody could help with this problem.
I created a form that depending on the interaction with the user displays
results in a temp table - which is working fine. From here I would like to
put a menu item button on that form that would call a report to print out the
data. I setup the menu item button on the form and set the datasource to be
my temp table where the data is at. When I try to print the report the
report is just empty.

My question is how can I pass my temp table to the report for printing? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
3 Answers

mortenm

Hi Rick,

If you search this newsgroup for setTmpData you will find the solution.

Best regards,
Morten Mile

"AxaptaNewBie" wrote:

> I''m new to Axapta and was wondering if anybody could help with this problem.
> I created a form that depending on the interaction with the user displays
> results in a temp table - which is working fine. From here I would like to
> put a menu item button on that form that would call a report to print out the
> data. I setup the menu item button on the form and set the datasource to be
> my temp table where the data is at. When I try to print the report the
> report is just empty.
>
> My question is how can I pass my temp table to the report for printing? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Rick

vladimir40

Here is the example for you from AssetConsumptionProposal report:
public boolean fetch()
{
queryRun qr;
FormDataSource formDataSource;
;

qr = new QueryRun(this.query());

if (qr.prompt())
{
formDataSource = element.args().record().dataSource();
qr.setCursor(formDataSource.cursor(),1);

while (qr.next())
{
tmpAssetConsumptionProposal =
qr.get(tableNum(TmpAssetConsumptionProposal));
this.send(tmpAssetConsumptionProposal);
}
return true;
}

return false;
}
don''t forget to attach datasource property for the report menuitem on the form

"AxaptaNewBie" wrote:

> I''m new to Axapta and was wondering if anybody could help with this problem.
> I created a form that depending on the interaction with the user displays
> results in a temp table - which is working fine. From here I would like to
> put a menu item button on that form that would call a report to print out the
> data. I setup the menu item button on the form and set the datasource to be
> my temp table where the data is at. When I try to print the report the
> report is just empty.
>
> My question is how can I pass my temp table to the report for printing? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Rick

Joris de Gruyter

There is a good article on temp tables on www.axaptapedia.com