microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Using Struct in WebService?

Oct@ESI

11/1/2005 12:38:00 AM

Is it possible? I got error message after trying with simple struct.
I'm trying to use struct in parameter and returning value also.

Any recommendation would be appreciated!
1 Answer

Mike Frank

It is generally not very easy to work with complex datatypes if
consuming webservices from within Axapta. So I would recommend, that you
try to find a way around this (Use a middle tier component, use strings
containing XML documents).

A return type may be still a bit easier. You can try to pass this into
an Axapta XML document.
As for parameters, I read the SOAP docu about how to do this from VB and
it was complicated enough. From within Axapta you always have the kernel
beetween you and the SOAP component, so I would say it is virtually
impossible.

Mike