Marcin Krzyzanowski

10/28/2005 10:50:00 AM

Axapta 3.0 SP3

There is a bunch of code in sys layer with:

int type, id, dummyInt;

but, if I try to complie this object now, compiler notify about syntax
error on such lines, seems "int type,id" is invalid.

example: \Classes\VisualExplorer\NewDocument

of course change to:

int type;
int id;

help, but it's a bit annoying.

It's a bug or my mistake ?

Regards.
3 Answers

Allan Wallis

That syntax compiles fine for me

"Marcin Krzyzanowski" wrote:

> Axapta 3.0 SP3
>
> There is a bunch of code in sys layer with:
>
> int type, id, dummyInt;
>
> but, if I try to complie this object now, compiler notify about syntax
> error on such lines, seems "int type,id" is invalid.
>
> example: \Classes\VisualExplorer\NewDocument
>
> of course change to:
>
> int type;
> int id;
>
> help, but it''s a bit annoying.
>
> It''s a bug or my mistake ?
>
> Regards.

Marcin Krzyzanowski

Funny, I test it again andJob like:

static void test(Args _args)
{
int type, id, dummyInt;
;
}

throw syntax error before "id,". It''s wired.

Allan Wallis wrote:
> That syntax compiles fine for me
>
> "Marcin Krzyzanowski" wrote:
>

>>Axapta 3.0 SP3
>>
>>There is a bunch of code in sys layer with:
>>
>> int type, id, dummyInt;
>>
>>but, if I try to complie this object now, compiler notify about syntax
>>error on such lines, seems "int type,id" is invalid.
>>
>>example: \Classes\VisualExplorer\NewDocument
>>
>>of course change to:
>>
>>int type;
>>int id;
>>
>>help, but it''s a bit annoying.
>>
>>It''s a bug or my mistake ?
>>
>>Regards.

evi

Hi

That is an old Axapta compiler trick.
If You have own (tailored) extended data type which name is "id" it is
coming compiler error from your local variable which name is same (=id).

Regards evi