microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Format mail body for sysInetMail.sendMail?

Oct@ESI

10/27/2005 5:41:00 PM

I create a form for user to send out e-mail directly from Axapta. I use
multiline StringEdit (extends Notes, Memo) for body of the mail but the mail
out translated into a single line.

Any idea of how to format the body before sending the mail?
2 Answers

Luegisdorf

Hi Oct

I guess you need to add carrage return (cr) because the text fields has only
new lines (nl).

Try this:

mailtext = strreplace(textBox.text(), ''\n'', ''\n\r'');

or you can try also

mailtext = strreplace(textBox.text(), ''\n'', ''<br>'');
but in this case you have a little bit HTML-Code and some E-Mail Clients
cannot view it correctly ...

Best regards
Patrick

"Oct@ESI" wrote:

> I create a form for user to send out e-mail directly from Axapta. I use
> multiline StringEdit (extends Notes, Memo) for body of the mail but the mail
> out translated into a single line.
>
> Any idea of how to format the body before sending the mail?

Oct@ESI

Work great. Thanks :)