microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Extending kernel class printJobSettings

Thomas Turn Jensen

10/27/2005 2:08:00 PM

Does anyone have an idea on how to extend the class printJobSettings?

The intent is to add further parameters to the print options screen
(specifically tray overriding on different pages), but I can't seem to find
of way of actually storing the selection in a clean way.

form SysPrintForm receives an instance of printJobSettings in args, but
creating a class extending printJobSettings results in some weirds things
like not being able to override methods (error: message already exists). I've
also played arround with the idea of adding my extra parameters to the
SysPrintOptions class, but this class is only temporary - it's created in
SysPrintForm.init and used during the dialog, but upon close, the
printJobSettings instance is updated and SysPrintOptions is no longer
relevant.

Does anyone have any idea of achieving this?

Thanks in advance :)