Dear All,
I am new to x++. I need to understand how grouping works in reports.
I want to display report with 2 nested groups
Group 1: Department
Group 2: Unit (subgroup of department)
Details : Employees

I need to display count of records in both groups i.e. number of employees
in each unit and number of employees in each department.

How can I do that

--
Thank You and Best Regards
2 Answers

Necmi Göcek

You can achieve this without writing a line of code. If you use AutoDesign.

1) Set your Datasource''s order mode property to group by.
2) Add Department and Unit to Sorting node.
3) Right click fields -> New -> Count (Be sure this field int or real!)
4) Set Grand Total property of your AutoDesignSpecs to yes.
5) Add fields (Department, Unit and Counter field) to your design.
6) Set Sum All property of your Counter field to yes.

--
_MIB_

"G" wrote:

> Dear All,
> I am new to x++. I need to understand how grouping works in reports.
> I want to display report with 2 nested groups
> Group 1: Department
> Group 2: Unit (subgroup of department)
> Details : Employees
>
> I need to display count of records in both groups i.e. number of employees
> in each unit and number of employees in each department.
>
> How can I do that
>
> --
> Thank You and Best Regards

Markus Spohr

Hi

this link should help you for creating reports.

http://www.steenandreasen.com/axap...

Its a PreRelease of a X++ book wich release next year so I hope.

In this Chapter you should learn about the advanture Reports.

Best Regards

Markus Spohr