Oct@ESI

We have a class, extended from runBasebatch which does e-mail processing. We
put a button in the dialog (using dialog.addMenuItemButton). The button
linked to a email edit form (extended from SysEMailEditor). The form will
create a new e-mail.

I need pass along the e-mail ID back into a dialogField after the e-mail
edit form finished. Can't find any existing sample for those.

Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

3 Answers

Joris de Gruyter

Check the args.caller() or args.object() you get in your email editor form.
You may be able to get to your dialogfield through the caller, and set the
value that way.

J.

"Oct@ESI" <OctESI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We have a class, extended from runBasebatch which does e-mail processing.
> We
> put a button in the dialog (using dialog.addMenuItemButton). The button
> linked to a email edit form (extended from SysEMailEditor). The form will
> create a new e-mail.
>
> I need pass along the e-mail ID back into a dialogField after the e-mail
> edit form finished. Can''t find any existing sample for those.
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Oct@ESI

in which method?
I add a menu button in the dialog method, but the args object doesn''t seem
to be there in the getFromDialog method....

"Joris de Gruyter" wrote:

> Check the args.caller() or args.object() you get in your email editor form.
> You may be able to get to your dialogfield through the caller, and set the
> value that way.
>
> J.
>

> "Oct@ESI" <OctESI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > We have a class, extended from runBasebatch which does e-mail processing.
> > We
> > put a button in the dialog (using dialog.addMenuItemButton). The button
> > linked to a email edit form (extended from SysEMailEditor). The form will
> > create a new e-mail.
> >
> > I need pass along the e-mail ID back into a dialogField after the e-mail
> > edit form finished. Can''t find any existing sample for those.
> >
> > Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Joris de Gruyter

The menu item on the button calls something, right? It's whatever it is
calling that should check for the args caller, not the getfromdialog from
the original class...