Jens Strandberg

10/25/2005 7:55:00 PM

I need to dump certain information from a couple of Axapta tables, zip those
files and send them by e-mail.

I have solved the dumping and the sending part, but I am stuck trying to
zip. I was looking for a function to do the zipping, but I haven't found one.
Also (of course), I need to make sure that sending is not done, before
zipping is completed.

Any pointers, examples etc. ? Thanks in advance.

/Jens
2 Answers

mortenm

Hi Jens,

You could use WinAPI::shellExecute to run a program like WinZip. If the zip
program you are using has a command line interface it should be possible to
make this work.

In Axapta you could use WinAPI::fileExists to check if the zip-file has been
created or not.

Best regards,
Morten Mile

"Jens Strandberg" wrote:

> I need to dump certain information from a couple of Axapta tables, zip those
> files and send them by e-mail.
>
> I have solved the dumping and the sending part, but I am stuck trying to
> zip. I was looking for a function to do the zipping, but I haven''t found one.
> Also (of course), I need to make sure that sending is not done, before
> zipping is completed.
>
> Any pointers, examples etc. ? Thanks in advance.
>
> /Jens

onno

"mortenm" wrote:

> Hi Jens,
>
> You could use WinAPI::shellExecute to run a program like WinZip. If the zip
> program you are using has a command line interface it should be possible to
> make this work.
>
> In Axapta you could use WinAPI::fileExists to check if the zip-file has been
> created or not.
>
> Best regards,
> Morten Mile
>
> "Jens Strandberg" wrote:
>
> > I need to dump certain information from a couple of Axapta tables, zip those
> > files and send them by e-mail.
> >
> > I have solved the dumping and the sending part, but I am stuck trying to
> > zip. I was looking for a function to do the zipping, but I haven''t found one.
> > Also (of course), I need to make sure that sending is not done, before
> > zipping is completed.
> >
> > Any pointers, examples etc. ? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > /Jens

Hi,

you could try it with zlib

http://www.winimage.co...