Luegisdorf

10/24/2005 12:19:00 PM

Hi all

I want to catch delete() on every record from all tables. I don't find where
I can set a hook. Does anybody knows?

Thank you for answers!

Best regards
Patrick
9 Answers

Player

Hi Patrick,

As you know you can set a confirmation messagebox for a user when he
modifies or deletes a record.
Maybe this can be a starting point for investigation as this will be
triggered on a general level as well.

Kind regards,

Philippe

Micha³ Kupczyk

"Luegisdorf"
> I want to catch delete() on every record from all tables. I don''t find
> where
> I can set a hook. Does anybody knows?

overwrite
Application.logDelete()

I am not sure if it traps ''delete_from ...''

Michal

Luegisdorf

Hi Player

I don''t know what fields you mean, but I cannot find them in the application

"Player" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> As you know you can set a confirmation messagebox for a user when he
> modifies or deletes a record.
> Maybe this can be a starting point for investigation as this will be
> triggered on a general level as well.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Philippe

Luegisdorf

Hi Michal

Good Idea, unfortunelly the logdelete() isn''t executed if I delete a record.
Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards
Patrick

"Michal Kupczyk >" wrote:

> "Luegisdorf"
> > I want to catch delete() on every record from all tables. I don''t find
> > where
> > I can set a hook. Does anybody knows?
>
> overwrite
> Application.logDelete()
>
> I am not sure if it traps ''delete_from ...''
>
> Michal

Player

Hi Patrick,

On the user options --> Tab confirmation --> You can set to show the
user a message box ''Do you really want to...''

This is also triggered on general delete() & update() statements, but if
it is so easy to find...

Good luck!

Philippe

Luegisdorf

Hi Player

Sorry, was writing stupid text ;-). What I tried to say: I KNOW what fields
you mean, but I''ve searched the whole AOT (f.ex. userInfo.confirmDelete) and
doesn''t found any code line which is using one of the concerning fields.

"Player" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> On the user options --> Tab confirmation --> You can set to show the
> user a message box ''Do you really want to...''
>
> This is also triggered on general delete() & update() statements, but if
> it is so easy to find...
>
> Good luck!
>
> Philippe

Steen Andreasen

Application.logDelete() is only triggered if the table is setup in the
Database log. What about using using the Database log. Sure it will give
an overhead, but I guess tracking deletes will give an overhead anyway.
Eventually you could activate the Database log, and overwrite
Application.logDelete() so no records are inserted in the SysDatabaseLog
table - and using the method as Michal suggested (and it will track
delete_from).

Best Regards
Steen Andreasen
http://www.steenandreasen.com/axap...

--

Luegisdorf

Hi Steen

The customer doesn''t use data base log; and of course it''s the same way as
shooting birds with canons.

I ask my self if there isn''t another point to hook which I don''t found.

But thank you anyway!

Patrick

"Steen Andreasen" wrote:

> Application.logDelete() is only triggered if the table is setup in the
> Database log. What about using using the Database log. Sure it will give
> an overhead, but I guess tracking deletes will give an overhead anyway.
> Eventually you could activate the Database log, and overwrite
> Application.logDelete() so no records are inserted in the SysDatabaseLog
> table - and using the method as Michal suggested (and it will track
> delete_from).
>
> Best Regards
> Steen Andreasen
> http://www.steenandreasen.com/axap...
>
> Luegisdorf wrote:
>
> >Hi Michal
> >
> >Good Idea, unfortunelly the logdelete() isn''t executed if I delete a record.
> >Any other ideas?
> >
> >Thank you in advance.
> >Best regards
> >Patrick
> >
> >"Michal Kupczyk >" wrote:
> >

> >>"Luegisdorf"

> >>overwrite
> >>Application.logDelete()
> >>
> >>I am not sure if it traps ''delete_from ...''
> >>
> >>Michal
> >>

> --

Joris de Gruyter

There is no other way. Application log is the only hook into generic
database events. You can of course make sure you dont write to the log so
you dont create an overhead by writing logs. It does require a databaselog
license.

J.