marcin

10/21/2005 12:15:00 PM

I have a dot matrix printer.
Is there a possibility to print only text
(without any graphics that are present in a document) in axapta?
Are there any functions responsible for printing in this way or should I
code it by myself?
6 Answers

Henrik Lynnerup

Ido also have dot matrix printout - this is handled by the driver not
Axapta (and it works fine).

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:15:02 -0700, Marcin
<Marcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a dot matrix printer.
>Is there a possibility to print only text
>(without any graphics that are present in a document) in axapta?
>Are there any functions responsible for printing in this way or should I
>code it by myself?

marcin

OK. Could you tell me how did you make it working?
Did you configure it in the properties of the printer or did you write a
code which uses the driver in axapta?
What type of printer do you have? (name)

"Henrik Lynnerup" wrote:

> Ido also have dot matrix printout - this is handled by the driver not
> Axapta (and it works fine).
>
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:15:02 -0700, Marcin
> <Marcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a dot matrix printer.
> >Is there a possibility to print only text
> >(without any graphics that are present in a document) in axapta?
> >Are there any functions responsible for printing in this way or should I
> >code it by myself?

Henrik Lynnerup

If you look into the report Production/Reports/Production Papers/Job
card, You''ll se the field Barcode in Body: BodyProdRouteJob.
The field calls the method Barcode in the same section:

display BarcodeString Barcode()
{
// Shop Floor Control begin
element.getBarCode().string(true,strUpr(ProdRouteJob.JobId));
element.getBarCode().encode();

return element.getBarCode().barcodeStr();
// Shop Floor Control end
}

To get the full picture look into methods (report level):
- ClassDeclaration
- init
- getBarcode

The above will print the default selected barcode for the specific
company. If that''s not what you want you directly select one between
theese:
EAN128:
Code39:
Interleaved2of5:
Code128:
UPCA:
UPCE:
EAN13:
EAN8:

And there is no need for setting up anything on the printer as windows
fonts are used - meaning, youll see the barcode on screen as well.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:56:04 -0700, Marcin
<Marcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OK. Could you tell me how did you make it working?
>Did you configure it in the properties of the printer or
>did you write a code which uses the driver in axapta?
>What type of printer do you have? (name)
>
>"Henrik Lynnerup" wrote:
>
>> Ido also have dot matrix printout - this is handled by the driver not
>> Axapta (and it works fine).
>>
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:15:02 -0700, Marcin
>> <Marcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a dot matrix printer.
>> >Is there a possibility to print only text
>> >(without any graphics that are present in a document) in axapta?
>> >Are there any functions responsible for printing in this way or should I
>> >code it by myself?

Henrik Lynnerup

Sorry I was answering to a different question.... disregard this
answer
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:24:58 +0200, Henrik Lynnerup
<lynnerup@post9.tele.dk> wrote:

>If you look into the report Production/Reports/Production Papers/Job
>card, You''ll se the field Barcode in Body: BodyProdRouteJob.
>The field calls the method Barcode in the same section:
>
>display BarcodeString Barcode()
>{
>// Shop Floor Control begin
> element.getBarCode().string(true,strUpr(ProdRouteJob.JobId));
> element.getBarCode().encode();
>
> return element.getBarCode().barcodeStr();
>// Shop Floor Control end
>}
>
>To get the full picture look into methods (report level):
>- ClassDeclaration
>- init
>- getBarcode
>
>The above will print the default selected barcode for the specific
>company. If that''s not what you want you directly select one between
>theese:
>EAN128:
>Code39:
>Interleaved2of5:
>Code128:
>UPCA:
>UPCE:
>EAN13:
>EAN8:
>
>And there is no need for setting up anything on the printer as windows
>fonts are used - meaning, youll see the barcode on screen as well.
>
>On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:56:04 -0700, Marcin
><Marcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>OK. Could you tell me how did you make it working?
>>Did you configure it in the properties of the printer or
>>did you write a code which uses the driver in axapta?
>>What type of printer do you have? (name)
>>
>>"Henrik Lynnerup" wrote:
>>
>>> Ido also have dot matrix printout - this is handled by the driver not
>>> Axapta (and it works fine).

Henrik Lynnerup

I didn''t do anything in Axapta; the matrix is OKI, the driver used is
IBM ProPrinter III, a corresponding setup on the OKI printer nothing
else.