microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Printing barcodes by using escape sequence

WoHeGro

10/19/2005 12:59:00 PM

hi all,

In an axapta report I've to use an escape sequence to prinit a barcode.
for this I created a display method which returns the escape sequence by
using the ReportRun method passThrough()
On the design node of the report a ReportStringControl was created and the
DataMethod property was set to the display-method which returns the escape
sequence.

Now, the output of the escape sequence will performed first, independend on
wich ReportSection ReportStringControl is placed. I'm also not able to
specify the position for the escape sequence output ('cause it will be
printed first).

has anybody a clue how to fix this problem?
--
best regards
WoHeGro

Henrik Lynnerup

Do you have to use an escape sequence?
If not, you should have a look at the some of the stadard MRP reports
(job/operation lists)! There you''ll find out that using standard
windows fonts are easier to use.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:59:01 -0700, "WoHeGro"
<WoHeGro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi all,
>
>In an axapta report I''ve to use an escape sequence to prinit a barcode.
>for this I created a display method which returns the escape sequence by
>using the ReportRun method passThrough()
>On the design node of the report a ReportStringControl was created and the
>DataMethod property was set to the display-method which returns the escape
>sequence.
>
>Now, the output of the escape sequence will performed first, independend on
>wich ReportSection ReportStringControl is placed. I''m also not able to
>specify the position for the escape sequence output (''cause it will be
>printed first).
>
>has anybody a clue how to fix this problem?

WoHeGro

hi henrik,

unfortunately I''ve to use escape sequences ''cause the standard windows fonts
does not fit the customers need...

I''m still looking forward to other hints...
--
best regards
WoHeGro

"Henrik Lynnerup" wrote:

> Do you have to use an escape sequence?
> If not, you should have a look at the some of the stadard MRP reports
> (job/operation lists)! There you''ll find out that using standard
> windows fonts are easier to use.
>

> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:59:01 -0700, "WoHeGro"
> <WoHeGro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hi all,
> >
> >In an axapta report I''ve to use an escape sequence to prinit a barcode.
> >for this I created a display method which returns the escape sequence by
> >using the ReportRun method passThrough()
> >On the design node of the report a ReportStringControl was created and the
> >DataMethod property was set to the display-method which returns the escape
> >sequence.
> >
> >Now, the output of the escape sequence will performed first, independend on
> >wich ReportSection ReportStringControl is placed. I''m also not able to
> >specify the position for the escape sequence output (''cause it will be
> >printed first).
> >
> >has anybody a clue how to fix this problem?

Flemming Gregersen \(MSFT\)

In order to send ESC code to the printer you have to use the report method
''PassThrough''. At the point in your code where you want to print your
barcode you call element.PassThrough(''0x1B.....''); with the ESC sequence you
want as HEX values (0x1B is the hex value for ESC). You might have to
overload either ''Fetch'' and / or ''Send'' to be able to control when the ESC
sequence is send to the printer.