microsoft.public.axapta.programming

using dictionary.BuildPassword(x, y

Luegisdorf

10/18/2005 9:09:00 AM

Hi there

I want to use the dictionary.BuildPassword(x, y) method.

If the a user with admin rights execute the code the sypher is correct
given, but if a 'normal' user is logged in the method returns a null string.
I'm wondering about this check in a kernel class. But unfortunelly I don't
know what security key has to be enabled so buidlPassword() works correctly.

Do you know?
Would be happy to know.

Best regards
Patrick
2 Answers

Brandon

The AdminDaily key is required for BuildPassword. You can set the
Administration / Daily key and then disable all sub-keys to prevent giving
more than that.

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I want to use the dictionary.BuildPassword(x, y) method.
>
> If the a user with admin rights execute the code the sypher is correct
> given, but if a ''normal'' user is logged in the method returns a null string.
> I''m wondering about this check in a kernel class. But unfortunelly I don''t
> know what security key has to be enabled so buidlPassword() works correctly.
>
> Do you know?
> Would be happy to know.
>
> Best regards
> Patrick

Luegisdorf

Hi Brandon

Thank you that works, but I don''t understand why a kernel function requires
a security key (and even doesn''t throw a error if the user hasn''t a access to
this) ... however ;-)

Regards
Patrick