microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Third part integration

Peter [AGHL]

10/17/2005 8:09:00 AM

Hi

I am working on a project which involves a large number of transactions send
to the Axapta system from the "outside"

Anyone know of some thirdparty integration not using the business connector?
I have found the business connector to be slightly troublesome in case of
network problems, bad connection etc

Atm I have done some COM+ wrappers calling the business connector
If I run with the business as COM+ application server a crash in the
connector will effect all applications

Also: Anyway to avoid the storing of the configuration in the registry?

It gives me some problems when the user is a domain account and from time to
time the user is unable to read the registry and takes a new set of
settings from default user

FUT: microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Thanks in advance

- Peter

1 Answer

Lars Holm

Hi Peter,

Once I''ve made a similar system where an external system sends a lot of data
to Axapta. First we thought about using COM but that was too slow and, as you
mention, it can be unstable under some circumstances.

We ended up creating a very simple queue in an Oracle database containing
two tables: Header and lines. On the header, there was a status field
indicating whether the record was ready for transfer. It it was ready, an
Axapta batch class would read the records and update the status field to
read. We read in an external Oracle database thus it was necessary to use
statement, resultset etc. But it worked great.

--
Best regards,

Lars Holm