JasonLee

10/13/2005 10:10:00 AM

hi there,

i am trying to get the owner of the object via the ADOxCatalog and i am
having trouble executing the above method to return the owner name. i have
successfully established a connection to the database via an ADO Connection
string using ADO Connection. but it always stops at getting the owner of the
method, stating and unknown error message.

below is my sample code for your reference:

ccADOConnection = new CCADOConnection();
select edaparameters;
ccADOConnection.connectionString(edaparameters.ADOConnectionString);
ccADOConnection.open();

adoxCatalog = new COM('ADOX.Catalog');
adoxCatalog.activeConnection(ccADOConnection.connection());

adoxCatalog.getObjectOwner('SalesTable', #ObjectTypeEnum_adPermObjTable);

ccADOConnection.close();

the error states that:

Method 'getObjectOwner' in COM object of class 'ADOX.Catalog' returned error
code 0x800A0CB3 (<unknown>) which means: Object or provider is not capable of
performing requested operation.

so anybody care to give me some hints? thank you in advanced