microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Making an additional web portal

sigmundlo

10/10/2005 12:26:00 PM

I want to make a web portal in addition to the standard enterprise portal
without affecting this.
I duplicated the enterprise portal web project and called the copy TestPortal.
I am making a completely different portal, so I want to change the
ephomepageoffline/online pages radically. But if I change them directly, I
will change the standard portal too. So I duplicate the
ephomepageoffline/online pages, and rename them to testhomepageoffline and
testhomepageonline.
But where do I tell the portal to use those pages instead?

Thank you
6 Answers

Luegisdorf

Hi Sigmundlo

I suppose you to do following steps:

- duplicate the webProject EnterprisePortal
- duplicate the class EnterprisePortal and give your own name like
"MyEPCopyOrLikeThis"
- remove the obselete class EnterprisePortal from your webProject
- duplicate the online and offline page and modify the new copies at your
specifications
- remove the obselete ''original'' standard and offline page from your
webProject
- open context menu on the webProject node and select ''settings'' and declare
your new offline and onlinepage and the new main class ("MyEPCopyOrLikeThis")

Now you are able to create a new WebSite "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis" and this
WebSite is using your offline/online pages but you can still create an
EnterprisePortal as well.

Feel free to ask for more informations if required.

Best regards
Patrick

"sigmundlo" wrote:

> I want to make a web portal in addition to the standard enterprise portal
> without affecting this.
> I duplicated the enterprise portal web project and called the copy TestPortal.
> I am making a completely different portal, so I want to change the
> ephomepageoffline/online pages radically. But if I change them directly, I
> will change the standard portal too. So I duplicate the
> ephomepageoffline/online pages, and rename them to testhomepageoffline and
> testhomepageonline.
> But where do I tell the portal to use those pages instead?
>
> Thank you

sigmundlo

Thanks! Very good answer!

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Sigmundlo
>
> I suppose you to do following steps:
>
> - duplicate the webProject EnterprisePortal
> - duplicate the class EnterprisePortal and give your own name like
> "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis"
> - remove the obselete class EnterprisePortal from your webProject
> - duplicate the online and offline page and modify the new copies at your
> specifications
> - remove the obselete ''original'' standard and offline page from your
> webProject
> - open context menu on the webProject node and select ''settings'' and declare
> your new offline and onlinepage and the new main class ("MyEPCopyOrLikeThis")
>
> Now you are able to create a new WebSite "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis" and this
> WebSite is using your offline/online pages but you can still create an
> EnterprisePortal as well.
>
> Feel free to ask for more informations if required.
>
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> "sigmundlo" wrote:
>
> > I want to make a web portal in addition to the standard enterprise portal
> > without affecting this.
> > I duplicated the enterprise portal web project and called the copy TestPortal.
> > I am making a completely different portal, so I want to change the
> > ephomepageoffline/online pages radically. But if I change them directly, I
> > will change the standard portal too. So I duplicate the
> > ephomepageoffline/online pages, and rename them to testhomepageoffline and
> > testhomepageonline.
> > But where do I tell the portal to use those pages instead?
> >
> > Thank you

Scifo

Hi there,

I followed your steps for an additional web portal,
but... It is not working!

If I use a new online page, he shows it. But he doesn't show my new header
and footer.

If I use a new offline page as well. He doesn't show anything at all...

In debug I saw that the error might involve the code = _webpage.AOTGetCode()
line in the RunCompiled method from the class WebPage....

More suggestions or remarks?

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Sigmundlo
>
> I suppose you to do following steps:
>
> - duplicate the webProject EnterprisePortal
> - duplicate the class EnterprisePortal and give your own name like
> "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis"
> - remove the obselete class EnterprisePortal from your webProject
> - duplicate the online and offline page and modify the new copies at your
> specifications
> - remove the obselete 'original' standard and offline page from your
> webProject
> - open context menu on the webProject node and select 'settings' and declare
> your new offline and onlinepage and the new main class ("MyEPCopyOrLikeThis")
>
> Now you are able to create a new WebSite "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis" and this
> WebSite is using your offline/online pages but you can still create an
> EnterprisePortal as well.
>
> Feel free to ask for more informations if required.
>
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> "sigmundlo" wrote:
>
> > I want to make a web portal in addition to the standard enterprise portal
> > without affecting this.
> > I duplicated the enterprise portal web project and called the copy TestPortal.
> > I am making a completely different portal, so I want to change the
> > ephomepageoffline/online pages radically. But if I change them directly, I
> > will change the standard portal too. So I duplicate the
> > ephomepageoffline/online pages, and rename them to testhomepageoffline and
> > testhomepageonline.
> > But where do I tell the portal to use those pages instead?
> >
> > Thank you

Luegisdorf

Hi Scifo

You write that your new offline/online page doesn't show your header and
footer or doesn't show anything. So I guess, that the page will be showed
except the header and footer, right understand? Or does it only shows the
'old' Header/Footer? How did you define your Header/Footer in your
offline/online page?

Best regards
Patrick

"Scifo" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I followed your steps for an additional web portal,
> but... It is not working!
>
> If I use a new online page, he shows it. But he doesn't show my new header
> and footer.
>
> If I use a new offline page as well. He doesn't show anything at all...
>
> In debug I saw that the error might involve the code = _webpage.AOTGetCode()
> line in the RunCompiled method from the class WebPage....
>
> More suggestions or remarks?
>
> "Luegisdorf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Sigmundlo
> >
> > I suppose you to do following steps:
> >
> > - duplicate the webProject EnterprisePortal
> > - duplicate the class EnterprisePortal and give your own name like
> > "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis"
> > - remove the obselete class EnterprisePortal from your webProject
> > - duplicate the online and offline page and modify the new copies at your
> > specifications
> > - remove the obselete 'original' standard and offline page from your
> > webProject
> > - open context menu on the webProject node and select 'settings' and declare
> > your new offline and onlinepage and the new main class ("MyEPCopyOrLikeThis")
> >
> > Now you are able to create a new WebSite "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis" and this
> > WebSite is using your offline/online pages but you can still create an
> > EnterprisePortal as well.
> >
> > Feel free to ask for more informations if required.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Patrick
> >
> > "sigmundlo" wrote:
> >
> > > I want to make a web portal in addition to the standard enterprise portal
> > > without affecting this.
> > > I duplicated the enterprise portal web project and called the copy TestPortal.
> > > I am making a completely different portal, so I want to change the
> > > ephomepageoffline/online pages radically. But if I change them directly, I
> > > will change the standard portal too. So I duplicate the
> > > ephomepageoffline/online pages, and rename them to testhomepageoffline and
> > > testhomepageonline.
> > > But where do I tell the portal to use those pages instead?
> > >
> > > Thank you

Scifo

Hi Patrick,

He doesn't show my new offline page

He shows my new online page (if I use the old offline page), but without
header and footer
I made a new header and footer page (duplicated from the old ones) and I
just changed the name in the properties of my online page. So I replaced
EPHeader with AceAPHeader.
And in my settings I use then:
offline: EPOfflineHomePage
online: AceAPOnlineHomePage
class: AceEnterprisePortal (new class that inherits from the standard
enterprise portal)

Thanks for your response...

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Scifo
>
> You write that your new offline/online page doesn't show your header and
> footer or doesn't show anything. So I guess, that the page will be showed
> except the header and footer, right understand? Or does it only shows the
> 'old' Header/Footer? How did you define your Header/Footer in your
> offline/online page?
>
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> "Scifo" wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I followed your steps for an additional web portal,
> > but... It is not working!
> >
> > If I use a new online page, he shows it. But he doesn't show my new header
> > and footer.
> >
> > If I use a new offline page as well. He doesn't show anything at all...
> >
> > In debug I saw that the error might involve the code = _webpage.AOTGetCode()
> > line in the RunCompiled method from the class WebPage....
> >
> > More suggestions or remarks?
> >
> > "Luegisdorf" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Sigmundlo
> > >
> > > I suppose you to do following steps:
> > >
> > > - duplicate the webProject EnterprisePortal
> > > - duplicate the class EnterprisePortal and give your own name like
> > > "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis"
> > > - remove the obselete class EnterprisePortal from your webProject
> > > - duplicate the online and offline page and modify the new copies at your
> > > specifications
> > > - remove the obselete 'original' standard and offline page from your
> > > webProject
> > > - open context menu on the webProject node and select 'settings' and declare
> > > your new offline and onlinepage and the new main class ("MyEPCopyOrLikeThis")
> > >
> > > Now you are able to create a new WebSite "MyEPCopyOrLikeThis" and this
> > > WebSite is using your offline/online pages but you can still create an
> > > EnterprisePortal as well.
> > >
> > > Feel free to ask for more informations if required.
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > > Patrick

Luegisdorf

Hi Scifo

Can you check if the code of your HTML section for Header and Footer in your
Online-Page is correct? Sometimes I've problems with defining properties for
web elements with the little instabil Axapta web editor.

Best regards
Patrick