Porting ASP to support mobile devices

IM

Need some advice !!
I have an application about 900 ASP pages. How can I make my code be
supported on mobile devices :pocket pc or formats like WAP,IMODE etc.

Am I forced to reproduce my sourcecode for every mobile standard or is
there a software/tool what makes it more efficient for me to do.

Let me know .

Waiting for your reply.

best regards,
IM

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Reinhold Schalk

Hi IM,
as far as i know there is only one way to support different markup languages
for different mobile devices: use of ASP.NET mobile controls.
The problem is, ASP.NET mobile controls, represent only a (small) subset of
the full ASP.NET web controls.
I do not know wether there is a porting tool, which helps you to port your
existing ASP.NET web pages to ASP.NET mobile pages.
But if you have a web page consisting of mobile controls, then this page
renders well on dekstop browsers, pocket pc browsers, WAP browsers etc.

HTH
Reinhold

"IM" <im@control.00> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> Need some advice !!
> I have an application about 900 ASP pages. How can I make my code be
> supported on mobile devices :pocket pc or formats like WAP,IMODE etc.
>
> Am I forced to reproduce my sourcecode for every mobile standard or is
> there a software/tool what makes it more efficient for me to do.
>
> Let me know .
>
> Waiting for your reply.
>
> best regards,
> IM
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***
> Don''t just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

George Birbilis

> as far as i know there is only one way to support different markup
languages
> for different mobile devices: use of ASP.NET mobile controls.
> The problem is, ASP.NET mobile controls, represent only a (small) subset
of
> the full ASP.NET web controls.
> I do not know wether there is a porting tool, which helps you to port your
> existing ASP.NET web pages to ASP.NET mobile pages.
> But if you have a web page consisting of mobile controls, then this page
> renders well on dekstop browsers, pocket pc browsers, WAP browsers etc.

so for starters try porting your page from ASP to ASP.net, then try to make
a more lighweight version of your ASP.net page using the ASP.net mobile
controls

George Birbilis <birbilis@kagi.com>
+ QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
+ Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
+ TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
http://www.kagi.co...
+ Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr...