Has anyone had any luck using MySQL?

Daniel Egan

2/21/2002 7:36:00 PM

First Read the submit by Fredrick Bartlett

If that does not work then you also need to put the
Microsoft.ODBC.Data.dll in the \Bin Directory of your
project.

Degan

that connects to a
>MySQL database. I've been trying to get it work in .NET
and it is like
>pulling teeth! Has anyone found a solution that works?
>
>Ryan-
>

>.

3 Answers

Bob Beauchemin

I've used it with the Odbc data provider (version 3.51 with latest driver).
There appear to be performance problems (reported by others) with using the
its OLE DB provider and ODBC driver is a better bet.

Hope this helps,
Bob Beauchemin
bobb@develop.com

"Daniel Egan" <daniel_egan@WeDoNet.net> wrote in message
> First Read the submit by Fredrick Bartlett
>
> If that does not work then you also need to put the
> Microsoft.ODBC.Data.dll in the \Bin Directory of your
> project.
>
> Degan

Merlin Moncure

I have written a C# wrapper to the mysql client API that works great. It
is an alternative to the .net data aproach that works ok depending on your
project requirements. I implemented ITypedList for my wrapper to facilitate
data binding to objects like datagrids. The performance is absolutely
stellar, but there are several drawbacks (queries read only, no strong
typing, no xml schema, no design time binding, etc...)

I wrote this because I was playing around with mysql in C# before odbc.net
was ready. I played around with the ole db driver for mysql and could not
get it to work at all inside the framework. I just downloaded the new mysql
odbc driver and am hoping it works pretty good. For my current application,
performance is not very important so I would perfer to do something with
odbc.

Merlin

"Daniel Egan" <daniel_egan@WeDoNet.net> wrote in message
> First Read the submit by Fredrick Bartlett
>
> If that does not work then you also need to put the
> Microsoft.ODBC.Data.dll in the \Bin Directory of your
> project.
>
> Degan

Miro Bartanus

It's great Merlin,

does that mean you have implemented MySQLDataAdapter & other classes?
Is it possible to download it and try if from somewhre?

Regards, Miro