Re: game programming

Thomas Adam

9/15/2003 10:50:00 AM

--- PILU <piluxmail@linuxmail.org> wrote: > hi,where can I find
documentation for ruby game programming!
> thank u

http://www....

:)

-- Thomas Adam

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com

Messenger http://mail.messenger.y...

4 Answers

Michael Neumann

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 07:50:18PM +0900, Thomas Adam wrote:
> --- PILU <piluxmail@linuxmail.org> wrote: > hi,where can I find
> documentation for ruby game programming!

Maybe this is for you (found in [ruby-talk:76666])

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1592000770/qid=1058867575/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2885583-2864056?v=glance&a...

Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby
by Tom Gutschmidt

Regards,

Michael

Alex Martelli

Michael Neumann wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 07:50:18PM +0900, Thomas Adam wrote:
>> --- PILU <piluxmail@linuxmail.org> wrote: > hi,where can I find
>> documentation for ruby game programming!
>
> Maybe this is for you (found in [ruby-talk:76666])

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1592000770/qid=1058867575/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2885583-2864056?v=glance&a...

> Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby
> by Tom Gutschmidt

I think it''s due out in December, though. Wonder WHEN in December --
would sure make a great Xmas gift, particularly for somebody like
me who''s currently trying to learn / compare 2+ of these langs...;-)

Alex

Hal E. Fulton

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Michael Neumann wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 07:50:18PM +0900, Thomas Adam wrote:
>>
>>> --- PILU <piluxmail@linuxmail.org> wrote: > hi,where can I find
>>>documentation for ruby game programming!
>>
>>Maybe this is for you (found in [ruby-talk:76666])
>>

> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1592000770/qid=1058867575/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2885583-2864056?v=glance&a...
>

>>Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby
>>by Tom Gutschmidt
>

> I think it''s due out in December, though. Wonder WHEN in December --
> would sure make a great Xmas gift, particularly for somebody like
> me who''s currently trying to learn / compare 2+ of these langs...;-)

Also check out the RAA (raa.ruby-lang.org) and search for things
like game and SDL and whatnot.

I''m ignorant of such things myself, but I''ve seen odds and ends
there in the past.

Hal

Tom Copeland

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 13:52, Hal Fulton wrote:

> Also check out the RAA (raa.ruby-lang.org) and search for things
> like game and SDL and whatnot.

Also, the "game" category on RubyForge:

http://rubyforge.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?f...

Yours,