Re: my mod_ruby doesn't like my eruby

Daniel Cremer

9/14/2003 7:44:00 PM

Yeah I saw that not requiring the appropriate module
creates an error like that. However it looks a bit
different:

[Mon Jan 27 10:23:59 2003] [error] mod_ruby: error in
ruby
(eval): uninitialized constant ERubyRun at Apache
(NameError)
from ruby:0:in `value'

The version of my http.conf goes like this:

LoadModule ruby_module
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_ruby.so

<IfModule mod_ruby.c>
RubyRequire apache/eruby-run
<Files *.rhtml>
SetHandler ruby-object
RubyHandler Apache::ErubyRun.instance
</Files>
</IfModule>

I took off all the part for .rbx etc to make sure that
i wasn't missing a typing mistake or something of the
sort. This is why I supposed it's a problem with the
compiling of mod_ruby with eruby. The error log seems
to indicate the mod_ruby part is working since it
doesn't fail to launch it but atumbles at line 45.
However I could be reading this completely wrong. As
I'm sure I'm just missing something.
Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Daniel

--- Samuel Tesla <samuel@alieniloquent.com> wrote: >
Daniel Cremer <vivo_sengodo@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> > the .rhtml file with eruby fine and I have checked
> the
> > httpd.conf file. A look at the error log tells me
> > this:
> >
> > [Sun Sep 14 14:03:29 2003] [error] mod_ruby: error
> in
> > ruby!(eval):45: (eval):45: uninitialized constant
> > Apache::ErubyRun (NameError)!!from (eval):45:in
> > `value'!
>
> What exactly *do* you have in your httpd.conf, it
> sounds like you just
> aren't requiring the appropriate module. Here's the
> relevant section
> from my httpd.conf
>
> <IfModule mod_ruby.c>
> # for Apache::RubyRun
> RubyRequire apache/ruby-run
>
> # exec *.rbx as ruby scripts.
> <Files *.rbx>
> SetHandler ruby-object
> RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
> </Files>
>
> # for Apache::ERubyRun
> RubyRequire apache/eruby-run
>
> # handle *.rhtml as eruby files.
> <Files *.rhtml>
> SetHandler ruby-object
> RubyHandler Apache::ERubyRun.instance
> </Files>
> </IfModule>

Messenger http://mail.messenger.y...

2 Answers

mgarriss

RubyHandler Apache::ErubyRun.instance
^^^^^^^^^^

This should be ERuby.Run I think.

Michael

mgarriss

Michael Garriss wrote:

> RubyHandler Apache::ErubyRun.instance
>
> This should be ERuby.Run I think.

Ugh, make that ERubyRun. Trying to watch football and do email at the
same time.

Michael