Re: problem with RubyDotNet r3 evaluator .rbw

Benjamin Schroeder

9/14/2003 2:42:00 AM

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 10:29 PM, I wrote:

> On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 08:01 PM, gabriele renzi wrote:
>
>> I even get this error with this simple script:

>> => true
>> => #<DotNetObject:0x27eb1a0 @dotNet=#<DotNet:0x27ec4a8>,
>> @objectRef=#<WrappedObjectRef:0x27eb518>>
>>
>> ....same error...
>
> Do you get this error when running from irb? That seems to work for
> me. (A script file should work as well.) I'd be interested to hear
> whether it works in that context.

I just realized that I may have misunderstood - rereading your message,
it looks like you are getting the error when you just even try to run
the evaluator script at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Here are
a couple of other things you could try, in that case.

First, what versions of .NET and Ruby are you running? We have tested
against Microsoft .NET 1.1 and the latest Pragmatic Programmers Ruby
1.8 installation download.

Second, would you try this script and see if it works?

require 'dotnet'
dotNet = SocketDotNet.startNew
dotNet.Application.Run(dotNet.Form.new)
dotNet.exitDotNet

The socket version has a different threading system than the direct
version that's implicitly loaded into the globals.

Thanks,
Ben Schroeder