ri request

Chris Morris

9/12/2003 2:15:00 PM

I'd love to see things like the sprintf, Time.strftime, etc.
flag/fields/directives tables available in ri or some other cmdline
dealy. Anyone already got something like this? Anyway this could make it
into ri, Dave?

--

Chris
http://clabs....

3 Answers

jbritt@ruby-doc.org

Chris Morris wrote:
> I''d love to see things like the sprintf, Time.strftime, etc.
> flag/fields/directives tables available in ri or some other cmdline
> dealy. Anyone already got something like this? Anyway this could make it
> into ri, Dave?

You can use RImport[0] to add RDoc''ed files into ri. Results, of
course, depend on the quality (and existence) of code comments.

Several files have been rimported into the online ri[1] at
ruby-doc.org, e.g.:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/fi...

BTW, I found some formaatting bugs in rimport and hope to have the fixes
available soon.

James Britt

[0] http://rimport.rub...
[1] http://www.ruby-doc.o...

gabriele renzi

il Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:22:06 +0900, "jbritt@ruby-doc.org"
<jbritt@ruby-doc.org> ha scritto::

>Several files have been rimported into the online ri[1] at
>ruby-doc.org, e.g.:
>
>http://www.ruby-doc.org/fi...

<sidenote>
this page is something wonderful.
could we hope to see a packaged version of ri+imported files?

I know that I could run rdoc+rimport on my ruby tree by myself, but
having a click''n''run pkg would be cute :)
</sidenote>

Gavin Sinclair

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, 10:59:22 AM, gabriele wrote:

> il Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:22:06 +0900, "jbritt@ruby-doc.org"
> <jbritt@ruby-doc.org> ha scritto::

>>Several files have been rimported into the online ri[1] at
>>ruby-doc.org, e.g.:
>>
>>http://www.ruby-doc.org/fi...

> <sidenote>
> this page is something wonderful.
> could we hope to see a packaged version of ri+imported files?

> I know that I could run rdoc+rimport on my ruby tree by myself, but
> having a click''n''run pkg would be cute :)
> </sidenote>

I''m working on this and will hopefully have something released soon.
My main focus is including "extra" docs in ri, like Matrix, Set, etc.

Cheers,
Gavin