Sending messages to a queue

crauschuber

9/11/2003 12:50:00 PM

Has anyone used Ruby to send a message to a message queue, ie
Weblogic's JMS?
I've searched for information on this, but haven't found anything yet.
Please let me know if there's some information out there that I
missed.

Thanks,
Chris
2 Answers

Gavin Sinclair

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, 10:52:32 PM, Chris wrote:

> Has anyone used Ruby to send a message to a message queue, ie
> Weblogic''s JMS?

s/ie/eg

Is this generally possible outside Java? JMS hasn''t been mentioned on
this list, AFAIK, anytime in the last year - not that I''ve searched.

If there are C bindings to JMS, then Ruby bindings could be generated
easily enough using SWIG. Otherwise, you could give JRuby a try.

> I''ve searched for information on this, but haven''t found anything yet.
> Please let me know if there''s some information out there that I
> missed.

> Thanks,
> Chris

Good luck,
Gavin

Ross Shaw

In article <6410588668.20030912002050@soyabean.com.au>,
Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair@soyabean.com.au> wrote:

> On Thursday, September 11, 2003, 10:52:32 PM, Chris wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used Ruby to send a message to a message queue, ie
> > Weblogic''s JMS?
>
> s/ie/eg
>
> Is this generally possible outside Java? JMS hasn''t been mentioned on
> this list, AFAIK, anytime in the last year - not that I''ve searched.

Sending to a queue is certainly possible outside Java. Of course JMS is
not used in this case.

If your underlying queuing system is the popular IBM MQSeries their
Message Queue Interface (MQI) should be able to be called from Ruby.
They are a bit nasty but if they can call them from Python [1] it should
be possible.

Ross

[1] http://www.hare.demon.co.uk/pymqi/...