Re: Eval

Mark Wilson

9/9/2003 9:37:00 PM

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 05:26 PM, John wrote:

> I am trying to create a class with attributes that are values
> retrieved from a database. E.g.
>
> [snip]

> Is there a define_attribute method like there's a define_method
> method?
>
> To put it succinctly, how can I create instance attributes after the
> instance has already been created? [snip]

I think you'd find the Struct class useful. Here's a link to the pickax
book discussion:

http://www.learningruby.com/programmingrubybook/ref_c_s...

There's also the Openstruct class, an example of which is given here:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-...

Regards,

Mark

1 Answer

Enrique Meza

Japanese-rubyists have you been read this news ?. I think so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3...

Could be a opportunity for RubyOS (Linux + Ruby ) , why not ?.

--
Enrique Meza <emeza@saisamx.com>