cgikit form example

Bil Kleb

9/9/2003 9:18:00 PM

I'm an imbecile, trying to become a moron^ in the area of web development.

I have managed to create a simple form using cgikit with various
text fields and popup menus for data entry. I have a feeling,
however, that I am not making full use of cgikit's component
architecture.

But the thing I'd really like help with is how to set-up some rudimentary
validation checks for the data, and if the data checks out, how to generate
a new page with results based on the data. Actually the eventual goal
is to save the data directly to a file, but for now I'm willing to
use the "save as" feature of the browser if I can get a new page up.

Any leads? Examples?

When I get back to the office I'll can dig up a cgi perl script I wrote
some ten years ago and try to translate the concepts, but it'd be simpler
if someone has a cgikit sample they'd be willing to send my way...

Thanks,
--
Bil Kleb, NASA, Hampton, Virginia, USA

^Imbecile and moron are actually part of a mental age scale. See also 'idiot'.