Re: Reference documentation for Ruby 1.8.0

Curt Hibbs

9/8/2003 11:24:00 PM

Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> > I remember reading about an effort to turn all the documentation from
> > the classic libraries into RDoc. How's that coming along?
>
> There are about 15 files done. All help appreciated. More details
> (on status) at
> http:///www.rubygarden.org/ruby?DocumentingTheStandardLibraries
>
> I'm considering creating a RubyForge project which distributes the
> HTML files generated from RDoc'ing the standard library. That would
> at least be a standard answer to the question "how's that project
> going" and also give people a chance to offer feedback - as well as
> giving them documentation.

I think that would be an excellent idea!

Curt

2 Answers

Tom Copeland

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 19:24, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> >
> > > I remember reading about an effort to turn all the documentation from
> > > the classic libraries into RDoc. How''s that coming along?
> >
> > There are about 15 files done. All help appreciated. More details
> > (on status) at
> > http:///www.rubygarden.org/ruby?DocumentingTheStandardLibraries
> >
> > I''m considering creating a RubyForge project which distributes the
> > HTML files generated from RDoc''ing the standard library. That would
> > at least be a standard answer to the question "how''s that project
> > going" and also give people a chance to offer feedback - as well as
> > giving them documentation.
>
> I think that would be an excellent idea!

If you want, you can put that on the "Ruby Release Mirror" project:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/r...

Let me know and I''ll add you to that project.

Or if you think it''d be better to start a new project, that''s fine
too...

Yours,

Tom

james_b

Tom Copeland wrote:

>>>There are about 15 files done. All help appreciated. More details
>>>(on status) at
>>> http:///www.rubygarden.org/ruby?DocumentingTheStandardLibraries
>>>
>>>I''m considering creating a RubyForge project which distributes the
>>>HTML files generated from RDoc''ing the standard library. That would
>>>at least be a standard answer to the question "how''s that project
>>>going" and also give people a chance to offer feedback - as well as
>>>giving them documentation.
>>
>>I think that would be an excellent idea!
>

> If you want, you can put that on the "Ruby Release Mirror" project:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/r...
>
> Let me know and I''ll add you to that project.
>
> Or if you think it''d be better to start a new project, that''s fine
> too...

They be at home on ruby-doc.org, too.

James Britt