Re: Ruby 1.8.0 .pkg/installer for OS X?

David Heinemeier Hansson

9/8/2003 2:21:00 PM

> As for a .pkg...there is a RubyForge project to build an installer for
> OS X ( http://rubyforge.org/projects... ). The project
> maintainer has not released a .pkg file yet...I will contact him and
> ask status.

I am that maintainer. The status is that I wanted to release a version,
which would properly install the readlines module as well. That turned
out to be slightly more complicated than I envisioned, though. So it
didn't move much further than that.

I quick probably do a quick release of "just" a compiled Ruby 1.8.0.
That's better than nothing at all ;).

On a longer term, the idea was to put together a series of pre-compiled
packages. Like one for web-development that would install and setup
mod_ruby with Apache, include the MySQL extension, and more.

I'm all ears for additional ideas.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.loudthi... -- Thoughts for free