Re: Ruby 1.8.0 .pkg/installer for OS X?

Richard Kilmer

9/8/2003 12:10:00 PM

Actually...I tried (as did Matz delivery-date wise) to get 1.8 into
Panther. I don't think it made it. I am going to download the latest
drop from the Apple developer's site today and let you know whether by
some miracle its there...but I would not count on it :-(

As for a .pkg...there is a RubyForge project to build an installer for
OS X ( http://rubyforge.org/projects... ). The project
maintainer has not released a .pkg file yet...I will contact him and
ask status.

-rich

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 03:21 AM, Mark Wilson wrote:

> On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 11:19 PM, Ilán Terrell wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me if there's a package for Ruby 1.8.0 installer for
>> Mac OS X?
>>
>> Does anyone know if Apple is planning on shipping Panther with Ruby
>> 1.8.0?
>>
>> I know the last question is a long shot but if someone knows of a
>> hint I would appreciate it.
>
> Panther will ship with Ruby 1.8.
>
> See
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-...
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

2 Answers

Axel Kühn

this is a little bit strange.
if have played a little bit with this activex control and i hwvn't found a
working solution. Sorry.

I will do some other test and let you know if i find i working solution for
that.
--
Sincerely yours
Axel K??hn (visit my Dynamics AX blog at: http://blog.a...)

"Graves" wrote:

> Hi Axel
>
> Thanks for the answer :-)
> I have tried to put a cancle button on the form, and in the end of run, to
> set focus to this button.
>
> But til looks like the button is enabled, but it is still the activex objetc
> that is active.
>
> /Graves
>
> "Axel K??hn" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > are there any other controls on your Form?
> > As far as i know you cann't set the focus directly to the form.
> > The focus can only be set for/to a control on the form.
> >
> > So it should be possible to place another control like a textbox on the form
> > and set the focus to this control.
> >
> > Hope this helps you.
> > --
> > Sincerely yours
> > Axel K??hn (visit my Dynamics AX blog at: http://blog.a...)
> >

> > "Graves" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have made a form with Adobes PDF ActiveX somponent, so it is posible to
> > > view documents directly in Axapta 3.0 Sp3.
> > > The Form works perfect, except for one little thing, I cannot figure out how
> > > i move focus from the activex component to the axapta form, so users can use
> > > ESC key or Ctrl F4 to close the form again.
> > > Can anyone tell me this?
> > >
> > > Thanks on advance :-)
> > >
> > > /Graves

Graves

Hi

Well i have not found a solution either :-(
But i have placed at big close button on the form ;-)

I think my solution is that i will look for at free leightweight activex to
show pdf with.

Thanks
/Graves