Ruby 1.8.0 .pkg/installer for OS X?

Ilán Terrell

9/8/2003 3:19:00 AM

Can someone tell me if there's a package for Ruby 1.8.0 installer for
Mac OS X?

Does anyone know if Apple is planning on shipping Panther with Ruby
1.8.0?

I know the last question is a long shot but if someone knows of a hint
I would appreciate it.

???? ???
1 Answer

digibren

Il?n Terrell <ilant@mac.com> wrote in message news:<53DD6088-1E1B-11B2-810F-000393B6182C@mac.com>...
> Can someone tell me if there''s a package for Ruby 1.8.0 installer for
> Mac OS X?

I made a Mac OS X/Darwin package for Ruby 1.8 this weekend. It''s
available as a .pkg inside a 5.9 MB disk image at:

http://homepage.mac.com/digibren/FileSha...

It installs to /supp and includes readline, gdbm, iconv, gettext and
dl modules. It doesn''t include support for tcl/tk but I''m planning to
make a new package soon because there''s a patch at rubygarden to make
ruby compile with aqua tcl/tk.

Please let me know if there is something wrong with the package
installation as I haven''t been able to test it outside of the machine
I built it on. It was built with the Decemember Developer Tools on OS
X 10.2 so it will only work for 10.2 or later.

digibren