tcltklib not built with Ruby 1.8

Jim Weirich

9/7/2003 10:12:00 PM

I just noticed that my build of Ruby 1.8 does not include tcltklib.
Running the extconf.rb file in ext/tcltklib manually gives ...

$ ruby extconf.rb
checking for t_open() in -lnsl... no
checking for socket() in -lsocket... no
checking for dlopen() in -ldl... yes
checking for log() in -lm... yes
checking for tcl.h... no

Although it is not finding it, I do have a tcl.h file in
/usr/include/tcl8.3.

I am running Debian Linux and have both the tk8.3-dev and tcl8.3-dev
packages installed.

Any ideas?

--
-- Jim Weirich jweirich@one.net http://onest...

nobu.nokada

At Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:11:31 +0900,
Jim Weirich wrote:
> Although it is not finding it, I do have a tcl.h file in
> /usr/include/tcl8.3.

$ make CONFIGURE_ARGS=''--with-tcl-include=/usr/include/tcl8.3''

--
Nobu Nakada