Re: Ruby license makes it unuseable ! ! [troll alert]

Michael Slater

9/5/2003 7:22:00 AM

The user 'vcharlie@mindspring.com' is an established troll.

I would suggest not posting any responses to the obviously inflammatory
original message.

If one does a Google groups search on this particular email address,
vcharlie@mindspring.com, you will find newsgroup postings such as the
following:

###

From: anonymous (vcharlie@mindspring.com)
Subject: Re: Open Watcom
Original Format
Newsgroups: lucky.openbsd.misc
Date: 2003-02-08 21:42:11 PST

Hey guys, lets get to the point.

AMERCANS ARE FASCIST SHITHEAD WAR-PIG ASSHOLES WHO SUCK GREEN DONKEY
DICKS!!!

Fuck you if you disagree.

BTW:
Berlin, 1945.
Washington, D.C. 2003.

:-)

<...>

###

Tiny Google URL to the above post: http://tinyur...

Peace.

7 Answers

ibotty

the original post regarding ruby''s license is clearly a trolls post (i never
heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),
but i disqualify him not because of following posting:

> From: anonymous (vcharlie@mindspring.com)
> Subject: Re: Open Watcom
> Original Format
> Newsgroups: lucky.openbsd.misc
> Date: 2003-02-08 21:42:11 PST
>
> Hey guys, lets get to the point.
>
> AMERCANS ARE FASCIST SHITHEAD WAR-PIG ASSHOLES WHO SUCK GREEN DONKEY
> DICKS!!!
>
> Fuck you if you disagree.
>
> BTW:
> Berlin, 1945.
> Washington, D.C. 2003.
>
> :-)

this is certainly not expressed as political correct, as it should, but he
has a point.
this is surely a reaction on the stop of funding by darpa.
not every american is a fascist, but the government falls into this category
(as does italian government, btw).

> Peace.

absolutly, but not the bush-way ;)

~ibotty

Kent R. Spillner

ibotty wrote:
>>From: anonymous (vcharlie@mindspring.com)
>>Subject: Re: Open Watcom
>>Original Format
>>Newsgroups: lucky.openbsd.misc
>>Date: 2003-02-08 21:42:11 PST
[SNIP]
> this is surely a reaction on the stop of funding by darpa.

*bzzzt* Wrong!

Look at the subject. Then look at the date.

That post has nothing to do with DARPA pulling OpenBSD''s funding.

>>Peace.
>
> absolutly, but not the bush-way ;)

-1, Flamebait

> ~ibotty
-Kent

ibotty

>> this is surely a reaction on the stop of funding by darpa.
>
> *bzzzt* Wrong!
>
> Look at the subject. Then look at the date.
>
> That post has nothing to do with DARPA pulling OpenBSD''s funding.

hell, this is clearly a case in which one should investigate first, post
later.
than, this is only an unmotivated policical incorrect criticism on
us-foreign politics.

>>>Peace.
>>
>> absolutly, but not the bush-way ;)
>
> -1, Flamebait

you are right.

~ibotty

Lothar Scholz

Hello ibotty,

Friday, September 5, 2003, 8:49:08 AM, you wrote:

i> the original post regarding ruby''s license is clearly a trolls post (i never
i> heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),

For example: R. Stallman and other religous fighters.

--
Best regards,

ibotty

> > the original post regarding ruby''s license is clearly a trolls post (i
> > never heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),
>
> For example: R. Stallman and other religous fighters.

i meant complaining, that they cannot use something with this license.
well, they do also complain, but still use it (see e.g.: perl, used by rms).

~ibotty

Tim Haynes

Daniel Carrera <dcarrera@math.umd.edu> writes:

> 2) I don''t like it when people use the word religious the way you just
> did. The word religious does not mean "dogmatic" or anything of the
> sort.

| 3. Scrupulously faithful or exact; strict.
|
| Thus, Indianlike, Religious in my error, I adore The
| sun, that looks upon his worshiper. --Shak.

HTH,

~Tim
--
<http://spodzone.o...

Daniel Carrera

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 06:48:13PM +0900, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello ibotty,
>
> Friday, September 5, 2003, 8:49:08 AM, you wrote:
>

> i> the original post regarding ruby''s license is clearly a trolls post (i never
> i> heard anyone complaining about artistic and bsd licenses...),
>
> For example: R. Stallman and other religous fighters.

1) This is flambait.
2) I don''t like it when people use the word religious the way you just
did. The word religious does not mean "dogmatic" or anything of the
sort.

--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD. PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
.-"~~~"-.