optparse versions and sources

Meino Christian Cramer

nobu.nokada

At Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:04:38 +0900,
Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> when I look at the homepage of the author of the optparse package,
> I found version 0.12 of optparse is the newest one.

It is obsolete now.

> According to this, the version in the ruby 1.8-package is damn
> newer.

It has been renumbered when imported to standard distribution,
so those two are not contiguous.

> Where did it come from? Where can I find this newer version? I am
> asking, because I am interested in the additional files of the
> package, escpecially the documentation...

1.8 CVS head.

$ ident lib/optparse.rb
lib/optparse.rb:
$Id: optparse.rb,v 1.30 2003/08/31 03:25:10 nobu Exp $

Or, if you use ruby 1.6, it is in "shim" package, but it is
quite old.

--
Nobu Nakada