(Ramkumar Raja)

Sherri Scalish

Hi Ramkumar:

Thanks for replying, but I have already looked at this
article and many more. What I want to accomplish is for
the the control to render itself to an HtmlTextWriter
programatically, and I have not been able to accomplish
this. Here is a sample of the code I am using if that
helps:

private class TestStuff
{
private String fieldName;
private String fieldDescription;
private String fieldComment;

public TestStuff(string name,
string desc, string cmt)
{
this.fieldName = name;
this.fieldDescription =
desc;
this.fieldComment = cmt;
}
public string Name{ get { return
this.fieldName; } }
public string Description{ get {
return this.fieldDescription; } }
public string Comment{ get {return
this.fieldComment; } }
}
private void Page_Load(object sender,
System.EventArgs e)
{
ArrayList ar = new ArrayList();
StringWriter sw = new StringWriter
();
HtmlTextWriter htm = new
HtmlTextWriter(sw);
ar.Add(new TestStuff
("Field1", "This is the first", "Yes"));
ar.Add(new TestStuff
("Field2", "This is the second", "NO"));
ar.Add(new TestStuff
("Field3", "This is the third", "Okeydoey"));
this.ObjectList1.DataSource = ar;
//this.ObjectList1.LabelField
= "Comment";

this.ObjectList1.DataBind();
this.ObjectList1.RenderControl
(htm);
}

The last line is where I get a NullExceptionError even
though the ObjectList is not null, the StringWriter and
HtmlTextWriter are not null.

Sherri

url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/
>frlrfSystemWebUIControlClassRenderControlTopic.asp
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Ramkumar Raja
>Microsoft Developer Support
confers no rights.