Forcing refresh on mobile pages?

fadi

2/21/2002 6:17:00 PM

Hello all,

I'm working on a KYOCERA smartphone from Sprint running Palm OS. I designed
mobile pages, and they seem to work fine except for the fact that the phone
is caching the pages and I need to force a refresh on them to retrieve
updated information. Only thing I can think of is change hyperlinks to pages
that being cashed and database driven to submit buttons. Is there any
cleaner way?

fadi

3 Answers

(Joseph Croney (MSFT))

fadi

Thanks Joseph

"Joseph Croney (MSFT)" <jcroney@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Fadi,
> This is a known problem with the Eudora Browser on the Kyocera 6035.
If
> you replace your links with command controls (with format property set to
> link) you can avoid this issue. Unfortunately the problem will exist for
> any static links you use.
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph Croney

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

Dan Black

You could also add this directive to the page:

<%@ OutputCache Duration="1" VaryByParam="none" %>

to cause the page to always expire in 1 second (0 is not allowed)