Mobile Form not sending out WML

dtaylor

1/8/2002 11:18:00 PM

I'm using the Beta 2 of .Net and the Mobile Internet
toolkit for Beta 2. Tried adding my first .NET
mobilewebform. It renders just fine in IE however, trying
it on a WAP emulator...Error: Unsupported content-type:
text/html; charset=utf-8. I obviously don't have
something set up correctly. My emulator works fine on
classic ASP pages that create WML, but this error appears
when I use the same emulator for a mobile:form that all it
does is say Welcome!</br> (Using same webserver so I've
already set up the HTTP headers for delivering wml...)
Any ideas?
Thanks
dtaylor
3 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

dtaylor

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately, my test environment
is behind a firewall. I've tried this on the M3Gate
emulator and the OpenWave SDK.
Here's the text from the aspx page:
--->
<%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile"
Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls"
Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="MobileWebForm1.aspx.cs"
Inherits="WAPHte.MobileWebForm1" AutoEventWireup="false" %>
<mobile:Form id="frmMain" runat="server" title="FirstPage">
Welcome!</BR>
</mobile:Form>
From what I've read, by using VS.Net mobile Forms, the
programmer doesn't have to do anything extra to the page
to tell it to render WML. Is that correct? I just
created a new project with a mobileForm page and added
Welcome!<br/>

Does this type of page/controls have the intelligence to
figure out what browser made the request? Because if I
navigate to this page with IE, it definitely renders html
as follows:
---->
<head>
<title>First Page</title>
</head>
action="MobileWebForm1.aspx?__ufps=631461612070323536">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="">
<script language=javascript><!--
function __doPostBack(target, argument){
var theform = document.frmMain
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = target
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = argument
theform.submit()
}
// -->
</script>

Welcome!<br>
<-------

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. © 2001 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights
>reserved.

(Andres Sanabria)