Reg. SQL Server Synchronization

Prabakaran

1/8/2002 11:23:00 AM

Dear Friends,

Consider, there are two databases, [all are Sql Server]
One is in the Pocket PC and another one is in a Web Server.
I need to synchronize both Databases and get all the informations in the
Database present in Webserver to the SQL Server present in Pocket PC.

Help me out.

-Prabakaran

1 Answer

Kevin Boske [MS]

You need to get SQL Server CE from http://www.microsoft.c.... SQL
Server CE supports merge replication with SQL Server 2000 and Remote Data
Access (RDA) with SQL Server 2000, 7.0 and 6.5. Once you have SQL Server
CE and are familiar with the tools, please take a look at the technical
Whitepapers linked below:

Also note that SQL Server CE currently only supports eVB and eVC. Please
refer to the Microsoft.Public.SQLServer.CE newsgroup for SQL Server CE
questions.

--
Kevin Boske

Security Models and Scenarios for SQL Server CE:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/security...
Troubleshooting SQL Server CE Connectivity Issues:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/CEconnec...
sp
SQL Server CE Relay:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/development/2000/c...