Re: Mobile App with Database support

tony pigram

12/27/2001 7:20:00 PM

"Server-Side Data Access" is not "on-device Data Access"
which is what I assumed the query was regarding?

Pushing down static data to a device is okay - but what if
you wanted to allow for interaction with the end-user -
ie. allowing one user to add a record to a datagrid on a
WAP phone and another user deleteing a record on a PDA -
all this has to be sync'd to the back-end database....

Just a tiny bit more complicated than having "Server-Side
Data Access".

I also would be very interested in knowing if ANYBODY has
seen examples on the interNet where "on-device Data
Access" for .Net has been demonstrated.

you can email me directly.

many thanks

tony

about 1/2 way down,
>you'll see the .NET Samples heading. Click .NET
Quickstart Tutorials, Start
>the ASP .NET QuickStart Tutorial, Server-Side Data Access.
>
>"Vizyonist" <vizyonist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anybody know where i can find information about
developing Mobile
www.gotdotnet.com but it