Use HTML Forms to Authenticate Against Domain Account

Russ

12/23/2001 8:01:00 AM

Greetings,

I'm trying to create a web site that my mobile phone will access. I want the
home page to tell me how many unread email messages I have on my Exchange
2000 server (which happens to be the same box that IIS is on). In order to
do that, mapi needs to authenticate my domain account, but there's no
authentication challenge on a mobile phone.

If I gather the user's name and password on an HTML form in ASP.NET, how can
I log this user on to the domain and have full permissions to his exchange
mailbox?

I'm using VB.NET behind my ASP.NET.

Thanks,
Russ

1 Answer

Russ

Thanks for the reply, but since this is going to be on a mobile phone the
user cannot be challenged for authentication. I need to collect the login
information and then impersonate the user or use some of what I'm sure
exists somewhere in .NET to do this.