microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

System.Net.dll not found?

Edel Cierniak

9/12/2003 7:07:00 PM

I have installed SDK 1.1 and the redist
then I run : sdkvars.bat to set up the the environment.

I copy a little program just try , this program is trying
to connect to Yahoo mail.

when I compile using

csc /r:System.Net.dll /r:System.IO.dll pop.cs
( according to the author's instruction)

I got System.Net.dll,System.IO.dll not found

Any one? any idea? is there more I need to download or to
setup?

below is the link to the artical and the sample code

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/internet/Pop3...

thanks a lot

Edel

1 Answer

Dennis Doomen

Hi Edel,

The problem you are having is that TCPClient has been misspelled. The name
of the class is TcpClient and it is sitting in the System.DLL (which is
included by default). The other problem you''re having is the
tokens[i].ToInt32 which is a construction that does not exist. Instead, use
Int32.Parse(...) to parse the string back into an integer.

Hth,

--
Dennis Doomen