microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Re: FileDialog window handle

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

9/2/2003 7:36:00 PM

Franco,
I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.

CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that have
IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to get the
window handle.

Not sure if either method is 'too late' for what you want.

Hope this helps
Jay

"Franco Gustavo" <gfranco@xmsg.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the handle for FileOpenDialog class?
>
> I know I have to get it from the base class FileDialog but it doesn't have
> method to get the handle.
>
> Please I need it urgently.
> Thanks so much.

2 Answers

Franco Gustavo

I can''t override the methods, because I''m using FileOpenDialog and this
class is sealed, If a it inherit from ComonDialog I don''t have the
funcionality from FileOpenDialog.

Really the only that I wanna do is send a WM_COMMAND message to change the
default view to Thumbnail view.

Thanks

"Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <Jay_Harlow@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Franco,
> I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
> FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.
>
> CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that have
> IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to get
the
> window handle.
>
> Not sure if either method is ''too late'' for what you want.
>
> Hope this helps
> Jay
>
> "Franco Gustavo" <gfranco@xmsg.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I get the handle for FileOpenDialog class?
> >
> > I know I have to get it from the base class FileDialog but it doesn''t
have
> > method to get the handle.
> >
> > Please I need it urgently.
> > Thanks so much.

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Franco,
Doh! :-|

I figured they were there to "support the framework", however the
documentation for the methods were not labeled as such, I checked that much.

I forgot that the OpenFileDialog & SafeFileDialog themselves are sealed.

Hope you find what you need.