microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Installed SDK but no compiler?

nathan

8/22/2003 4:19:00 PM

I have installed the .NET Framework SDK and was expecting
to have the compiler for C# (csc), but do not. Can
someone point me to where I can get it or if I am totally
of base?

Thanks,
Nathan
3 Answers

(Mattias Sjögren)

Nathan,

>I have installed the .NET Framework SDK and was expecting
>to have the compiler for C# (csc), but do not. Can
>someone point me to where I can get it or if I am totally
>of base?

The compiler is included with the .NET framework redist, not the SDK.
You can find it in the framework directory,
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.x.yyyy

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.n...

nathan

Thanks.

robvi

It should be there, the csc compiler actually ships with the redist too.
In the installation directory where you put the SDK, go to the \bin
directory and type sdkvars, (this sets up a command window with the SDK on
your path) then trying running csc again.

Robert Villahermosa [MSFT]

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp...