microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

removing dlls from the GAC

Ravikanth[MVP]

8/14/2003 1:14:00 PM

Hi

My guess is you are using WebApplication.
Just restart IIS and then try to delete dll from gac.

HTH
Ravikanth[MVP]

remove
>but says will not let me remove with mscorcfg.msc ..
just
>says there was an error. I also tried using shfusio.dll
>(browsing wint/assembly dir) it says "can not be removed
>b/c it is required by other applications". Alss tried
>using gacutil /uf but I get the error "assembly is
>required by one mor more applications"
>
>Please I need help getting this out of the GAC!!!
>.

3 Answers

Matt

Unfortunately.. I already tried this. Any other ideas?

Shel Blauman [MSFT]

Using the .NET Configuration tool (mscorcfg) take a look at the Applications
folder. If you see an application there with your assembly listed as a
dependency, try deleting your application from the list.

Shel

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp...

"Matt" <matthew.mcbride@tfn.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately.. I already tried this. Any other ideas?

Alan Shi [MSFT]

If you have the SDK, try "gacutil -u [assembly-name]". It should give you
information about traced reference counts on the assembly in the GAC.

..\lan

http://blogs.gotdotnet.c...