microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

.Net Framework 1.1 With Visual Studio .NET 2000

Lim siew Cheng

I've installed the redistributable and the SDK, however .NET studio 2000
is still refering to the v1.0.3.0 (??) ?
Anyone has ideas on how to make the application switch to v1.1?
(IIS is working wit v1.1 though )

Regards
LSc

3 Answers

Rick Strahl

VS.Net 2000 doesn''t support .Net V1.1 officially.

Your best bet is to upgrade to VS.Net 2003 since it''s cheap (cost of the CD
and shipping basically).

I''ve seen some documents on how to cajole VS.Net 2000 to allow working with
1.1 but really it''s not worth the time and effort.

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

"Lim siew Cheng" <siew_cheng555@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I''ve installed the redistributable and the SDK, however .NET studio 2000
> is still refering to the v1.0.3.0 (??) ?
> Anyone has ideas on how to make the application switch to v1.1?
> (IIS is working wit v1.1 though )
>
> Regards
> LSc

Shel Blauman [MSFT]

Here is a hack I''ve used, but I can''t recommend it. On an individual
project basis change the references to point to the 1.1 libraries. VS will
still run on 1.0, but the apps will compile using the 1.1 library. If I
remember correctly there were some limitations with this, but I can''t recall
what they were. I limit myself to running VS with it''s compatible framework
version now. As Rick suggested, you should update VS, but maybe this will
let you build against 1.1 in the interim.

Shel

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp...

"Rick Strahl [MVP]" <rickstrahl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> VS.Net 2000 doesn''t support .Net V1.1 officially.
>
> Your best bet is to upgrade to VS.Net 2003 since it''s cheap (cost of the
CD
> and shipping basically).
>
> I''ve seen some documents on how to cajole VS.Net 2000 to allow working
with
> 1.1 but really it''s not worth the time and effort.
>
> +++ Rick ---
>
> --
>
> Rick Strahl
> West Wind Technologies
> http://www.west...
> http://www.west...wwHelp
> ----------------------------------
> Making waves on the Web
>

> "Lim siew Cheng" <siew_cheng555@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I''ve installed the redistributable and the SDK, however .NET studio 2000
> > is still refering to the v1.0.3.0 (??) ?
> > Anyone has ideas on how to make the application switch to v1.1?
> > (IIS is working wit v1.1 though )
> >
> > Regards
> > LSc

robvi

The .NET Framework version is pretty much "hardwired" in with your VS
installation. It''s not trivial to change this.
The best thing to do is upgrade like Rick recommended.
Here''s the link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/upgrade/...

Robert Villahermosa [MSFT]

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp...