microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

.NET Framework 1.1 installed with Visual Studio .NET 2003

hdaji

8/10/2003 8:49:00 PM

As part of the initial pre-requisites for VS .NET 2003, it installs
..NET Framework 1.1. I understand that there is service pack 2
available for 1.1 release. How can I tell if the installed version has
Service Pack 2 applied?

When I run SP2 for .NET Framework 1.1 it fails to find the path where
..NET Framework 1.1 is installed. Yet a complete VS Studio .NET 2003
componenets with all of the prerequisites was installed successfully.
It also shows as installed in the Add/Remove Programs display.

Hasmukh Daji
2 Answers

Andre

Exactly.. .NET v1.1 has no Service Packs (not even SP1, where did SP2
come from?)

-Andre

Somchai U. wrote:

> Which URL for download .NET Framework 1.1 SP2? I am not aware of this
> version. The SP2 you download may be for .NET Framework 1.0 which not need
> for VS.NET 2003.
>
> Somchai
>
> "Hasmukh Daji" <hdaji@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>As part of the initial pre-requisites for VS .NET 2003, it installs
>>.NET Framework 1.1. I understand that there is service pack 2
>>available for 1.1 release. How can I tell if the installed version has
>>Service Pack 2 applied?
>>
>>When I run SP2 for .NET Framework 1.1 it fails to find the path where
>>.NET Framework 1.1 is installed. Yet a complete VS Studio .NET 2003
>>componenets with all of the prerequisites was installed successfully.
>>It also shows as installed in the Add/Remove Programs display.
>>
>>Hasmukh Daji

hdaji

Sorry!

This was distinctly my fault and misunderstanding. Yes, there is no SP
for Rel 1.1. I guess I had saved SP1 and SP2 in the same directory as
..NET Framework 1.1 on my hard drive. This got me into trouble, I
guess.

My apologies, and thanks for clarification.

Hasmukh Daji