microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Adjusting security policy to give full trust to intranet code

vinayc

We want to give full trust to the .NET code coming from our intranet
zone. I have tried to modify machine configuartion file using .NET
Framework configuartion tool. I have adjusted zone security to give
"Full Trust" to the code on intranet zone but it doesn't seem to help.
My program still throws security exception if run from n/w. Does the
tool really works? If yes, how to do what I want to acheive? Or do I
have to do machine reboot for new polciy to take effect?

Thanks in advance,
Vinay Chaudhari.

PS. We are using Framework 1.1.
2 Answers

Shel Blauman [MSFT]

To start with, it''s not a good idea to give fulltrust to the intranet zone.
Aside from that, if you gave the LocalIntranet Zone fulltrust, it should
take effect immediately and allow the exe to run. There is no reason to
reboot.

Shel

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp...

"Vinay Chaudhari" <vinayc@angelfire.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We want to give full trust to the .NET code coming from our intranet
> zone. I have tried to modify machine configuartion file using .NET
> Framework configuartion tool. I have adjusted zone security to give
> "Full Trust" to the code on intranet zone but it doesn''t seem to help.
> My program still throws security exception if run from n/w. Does the
> tool really works? If yes, how to do what I want to acheive? Or do I
> have to do machine reboot for new polciy to take effect?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vinay Chaudhari.
>
> PS. We are using Framework 1.1.

Shel Blauman [MSFT]

A second thought on this. You indicated you have 1.1 installed. Do you
have 1.0 as well? If so, try changing the configuration settings for it as
well. The policy for the two versions of the Framework are maintained
independently of each other.