Ryan Moore

9/12/2003 10:59:00 PM

Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET 2003? I
can't make it run becuase I'm connecting via USB...... is it possible to
debug vis usb?

thnx

6 Answers

dr3d

"Ryan Moore" <ryanmoore@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<u10FbIYeDHA.2144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
> Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET 2003? I
> can''t make it run becuase I''m connecting via USB...... is it possible to
> debug vis usb?

Stop.
V37 contains Pocket PC 2002.
VS.NET is for Pocket PC 2003 only.
You need to be working with embedded visual c++ 3.0 until Viewsonic
*finally* releases the PPC 2003 upgrade
-scott

N14Sep_msnews.microsoft.com

Ryan Moore

Ah ha... any idea whether this will be a free upgrade?

"dr3d" <dr3d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Ryan Moore" <ryanmoore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
> > Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET
2003? I
> > can''t make it run becuase I''m connecting via USB...... is it possible to
> > debug vis usb?
>
> Stop.
> V37 contains Pocket PC 2002.
> VS.NET is for Pocket PC 2003 only.
> You need to be working with embedded visual c++ 3.0 until Viewsonic
> *finally* releases the PPC 2003 upgrade
> -scott

lpguray

This is not true. I''m using VS.NET 2003 to develop apps for my
Viewsoinc V37 w/ PPC 2002 just fine.

dr3d@hotmail.com (dr3d) wrote in message news:<ce8bbcf6.0309131012.161dab2c@posting.google.com>...
> "Ryan Moore" <ryanmoore@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<u10FbIYeDHA.2144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> > Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
> > Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET 2003? I
> > can''t make it run becuase I''m connecting via USB...... is it possible to
> > debug vis usb?
>
> Stop.
> V37 contains Pocket PC 2002.
> VS.NET is for Pocket PC 2003 only.
> You need to be working with embedded visual c++ 3.0 until Viewsonic
> *finally* releases the PPC 2003 upgrade
> -scott

Ryan Moore

Are you using C# or Visual Basic?

Can you debug using the actual device?

thnx

"rs4_SS" <lpguray@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is not true. I''m using VS.NET 2003 to develop apps for my
> Viewsoinc V37 w/ PPC 2002 just fine.
>
> dr3d@hotmail.com (dr3d) wrote in message
> > "Ryan Moore" <ryanmoore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone else gotten one of the "Free" Viewsonic V37 Pocket PCs from
> > > Microsoft and tried debugging an app from inside Visual Studio .NET
2003? I
> > > can''t make it run becuase I''m connecting via USB...... is it possible
> > > debug vis usb?
> >
> > Stop.
> > V37 contains Pocket PC 2002.
> > VS.NET is for Pocket PC 2003 only.
> > You need to be working with embedded visual c++ 3.0 until Viewsonic
> > *finally* releases the PPC 2003 upgrade
> > -scott

Greg

You can step through code at design time before it is deployed to the
device, or emulator. Once it is deployed, then error messages from a
messagebox for eg. sqlceexeptions take over at that point. At that point you
leave debug-land. System error messages are thrown as exceptions from within
the device for file IO errors, IIS authentication or even SQL Server for
authentication, etc.
-greg